Hey guys. I know I’ve been away. That was because my phone fell into a full bucket of water, and I was too distraught to focus on writing anything. Well, I got it fixed, and I have taken a solemn vow never to take my phone into the bathroom AGAIN.
Whew, now that I have cleared the air, and you guys aren’t angry anymore (I hope), I’d like to go straight into the post for today.
At this point in my life
2017 has been a really good year so far for me. Apart from my phone falling into the bucket of water (which really saddened me), so many other wonderful things have happened to me. I’ll let you guys in on some of these things.
- Relationships: I and my ex split this month because of here. Although this might have seemed like a setback, it actually helped me to focus on so many things and arrange my priorities. I always thought that living the single life would make me miserable, but I am actually happy, and flexing.
- Friendships: I always thank God for the wonderful friends he gave to me. Bola, Vwairhe (pronounced Why-ray), Fegor, and Alex. It’s really nice to have people you can talk to and have fun with. You might say “Oh!, she has only four friends?”, but I have learnt the hard way not to throw the word ‘Friend’ around. Inasmuch as I do not have so many friends, I always try my hardest to be a good friend to my friends. Yes, I do have a lot of other people I regard as special, and I also try to be nice to them as well.
- Work: I got a job guys. Well, not exactly a job, job. It’s an internship. I saw the ad on Twitter (for those who think social media is irrelevant), I retweeted the ad and decided to apply for the internship. After sending them an e-mail, they got back to me the same day (yaaay), and gave me a range of dates to pick when I wanted to come for the interview. I chose my date, did my interview, and got the job THE SAME DAY. The best part of the job is that it’s a company run by young people, so there’s a lot of freedom. I can come casually dressed to work, andddddd, there’s free Wi-Fi.
- School: I plan on going for my Master’s program later in the year, and I have applied to a couple of schools. Since I do not believe in putting all my eggs in one basket, I will still keep on applying to schools. This girl is an efiko.
- Blogging: I started my blog in February as a way to just share my thoughts and ideas. So far it has been amazing. I have been able to accomplish part of what I started the blog for, and I am still moving forward. I promise to work harder, and put up more fun, relatable posts. Please do stick with me.
- God: I am consciously growing with God. I have finally admitted to myself that I cannot run the Christian race on my own, so now, I strive to make it a habit to constantly ask for the help of the Holy Spirit. You should too.
At this point in my life, these are what I am currently focused on. They might seem uninteresting but they are pretty exciting to me. I have learnt new things, been open to so many opportunities, and have seen life in a new light.
I thank God for life, and for so many other wonderful things going on in my life. Life is a blessing from God, and I do not plan on taking it for granted anymore.
Before I forget, I work at Lifegiva as a Content Creator. You can check them out here. They have a blog, an internet radio station, an online shop, and many other things coming up.